Saturday, July 10, 2010
I made this today for our afternoon treat. It is fun and easy to make. Here is the recipe. The clafouti is sort of like a custard.
* 1/2 pint ripe raspberries
* 2/3 sour cream
* 1/3 cup whole milk
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
* 3 large eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup cake flour (not self-rising)
* 1/2 cup sugar
* pinch of salt
* 1/4 cup sliced unblanched almond
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate. Place the raspberries in the pie plate and set aside.
2. Combine the sour cream, milk, 6 tablespoons of the butter, the eggs, and vanilla in a blender or a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Whisk together the flour, 1/3 cup of the sugar and the salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in the sour cream mixture just until blended. Pour the batter over the raspberries. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle with the almonds and the remaining sugar.
4. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes and serve warm.
Trinidad Bay Bed and Breakfast on Facebook